mercredi 7 octobre 2009

Moving along nicely

Homeschooling seems to be going nicely again this year. Kids are enthousiatic about the new books and games I got, they are anxious to learn more, they love all the crafts they get to make and they love our new school room, of course.

Just today, after doing their homeschooling, they got to paint some cats for Halloween. This is one of their favorite holidays so they just love the extras we do. They are also enjoying the recipes we have been making. I am encouraging the older two to cook a meal once a week and they are quite proud of that.

We are almost done with our China unit and I have decided to save the rest for next summer. Between all our regular subjects, I think we have enough to do. Well, we are still doing Fall, of course :) Then, the one on xmas.

I think organization is the key. Every year, I am more organized and every year gets easier. And I can see how having a bigger school room that is more organized is helping the kids too. Not only do they never have to look for anything but they are paying a lot more with the games and reading a lot more books.

I have bought some fabric to cover the chairs and want to first sand then taint both the chairs and table. I also got a slipcover for the loveseat, where we love to seat and read books together. A lot still to get done but we will get there.

Aucun commentaire: