vendredi 11 septembre 2009

You have to get this book!

I received both my Usborne orders today. As you can imagine, I was quite happy. Now that I have a few minutes, I am sitting down and looking at the most interesting one (for me, lol).

free image hosting

I love this book and I cannot wait to try all the recipes and go through all the links it provides. I know the kids and I are going to have a lot of fun preparing and eating all those delicious foods.

The best part is that it also provides lots of info on each country, besides recipes and beautiful pictures. And the links, amazing addition to their books. There are pages on just cheeses, breads, fruits, vegetables and more. This book will be such an addition for both our Galopping Around the Globe studies and on each country we will study more deeply later on. After all, what better way to learn how other people live in other countries than to try what they eat? Right?

1 commentaire:

Melissa a dit…

I love that book! We used it last year for world geography and it was the best. I used it in combination with Geography Through Art, which is fabulous as well. Happy homeschooling!

Melissa :)